Shea butter is used in our PROTECT | Premium Men's Face Moisturizer for a reason. Besides the fact that it’s naturally rich in vitamins and antioxidants, shea butter feels smooth and rich when applied to the skin. Made from the seeds of the Shea (Karite) tree, shea butter is both natural and healthy for you. Here are a few more reasons dotGREY absolutely loves shea butter:
1) Richly Revitalizing. The natural fatty acids and vitamins found in shea butter are known for their powerful moisturizing effect. Not only does it keep your skin hydrated, but it protects your natural oils as well.
2) Soothingly Smooth. By aiding in the skin’s collagen production with oleic, stearic, palmitic, and linolenic acids, shea butter can reduce wrinkles and other facial lines over prolonged use.
3) Vital Vitamins. Shea butter contains Vitamin A, which has been proven to aid in the improvement of a number of skin conditions (eczema, dermatitis, etc. ). It also contains Vitamin E, a vitamin known for aiding in maintaining the skin’s elasticity and thus preventing wrinkles from forming.
4) Sun Salve. Many people have reported an improvement in sunburns and other minor skin wounds after the application of shea butter.
5) Banished Blemishes. Shea butter has been shown to help skin heal from a multitude of noticeable blemishes including stretch marks, acne, and insect bites and stings.
6) Reduced Razor Burn. Often skin can become irritated after shaving and noticeable bumps will arise. Thanks to both its moisturizing and smoothing effects, shea butter has been used to treat and prevent shaving irritation.
7) Potently Protective. The Cinnamic Acid found in shea butter has a natural SPF of 6-10. This prevents skin damage from the dangerous ultraviolet rays we encounter every day, not just at the beach.
Share your own shea butter experiences in the comments below or with us on social media!