Olive oil has been used in skin care long before we were born (most notably by Cleopatra). dotGREY uses olive oil in our HYDRATE | Men's Deep Hydrating Night Cream line for its profound effects on the skin. The benefits of using it are hardly new discoveries, but you’d be surprised as to how many people know so little about it. Here are a few reasons why olive oil will always have a place in our heart:
1) Soften and Smooth. Olive oil is a powerful humectant which basically means that it draws moisture into your skin. Dry skin doesn't stand a chance.
2) Stop Scratching. Olive oil has been used to soothe itchy or irritated skin to great success.
3) Anti-Aging. It’s well known that olive oil is packed with antioxidants that have powerful anti-aging properties. Prolonged use can even stimulate wrinkle reduction.
4) Reduce Razor Rash. Olive oil has been shown to provide a smoother shave as well as reduce any irritation caused by the razor afterward.
5) Extra Exfoliation. Olive oil is a powerful natural exfoliant and works especially well with dryer skin.
6) Exceptional Elasticity. Olive oil has properties that promote your skin’s natural elasticity. This ultimately leads to a more youthful face and limits signs of aging.
7) Enriching Essentials. Olive oil contains a host of vitamins and antioxidants that are essential the health of your skin. This includes vitamins A, E, K, and D!
What do you think about olive oil in skincare? Let us know in the comments below or on social media.